Monday, October 8, 2012

Turkey Day!

Okay.... Progress.
So let's move forward to the day of the big turkey feast...
Remove your turkey from the brine and rinse it really well with cold water.... you are removing the excess salts that are sitting on the surface of the turkey. If you skip this step (which I arrogantly have.... once.... I love salt and I thought it would be good...) it basically ruins any chance you have of making a decent gravy.
Okay.... Phew, that was work. Now pat it dry. I use paper towel.
Now.... You've already infused loads of flavour so season it if you like.... stuff it if you like... but don't add salt.
Next I place my turkey in the roaster and wrap it up in bacon.
And that's that. Now you can roast it.
I am doing a trial run with a stand alone roasting oven... It's my Mom's, thanks Mom! If I like it I might buy one. It will free up my oven for side dishes.

So, Happy Thanksgiving!
Enjoy your turkey and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment